What's the hold up? Catoctin Mountain Park was meant to be seen.
It's in Frederick. If you're unfamiliar with the name, it is 70 miles (113 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Annapolis.
One positive thing about there being only 1 hotel option in the area is that it's almost impossible to mix up your bookings! The Super 8 Thurmont is just 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Catoctin Mountain Park.
Other Things to Do Near Catoctin Mountain Park
Once you are finished with Catoctin Mountain Park, don't forget about the region's other sights:
- Experience the sights and sounds of the natural environment at Cunningham Falls State Park.
- You'll feel like you've stepped back in time by exploring Catoctin Furnace, a structure of historical significance.
- Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo is a fun day for animal enthusiasts.
- Whether you're an enthusiastic golfer or just starting out, you can't miss the chance to play a round at Monterey Country Club.
- The historic buildings and structures of Mount St. Mary's College will impress any history enthusiast.