Caribou River is certainly a place worth exploring.
To see it, head 180 miles (290 kilometers) from the state capital, St. Paul, until you reach Silver Bay.
0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) away, the Cove Point Lodge is the closest accommodation to Caribou River. Aside from that, options in the immediate vicinity are difficult to come by.
Before or after your time at Caribou River, don't forget to go to Holiday Stationstores (Hwy 61 & N&S Rd, Beaver Bay) to indulge your appetite. When you're looking for something new to do once night falls, enjoy an ice cold beer or a glass of wine at Green Door (1002 Main Street, Beaver Bay).
Other Things to Do Near Caribou River
Here are a number of the region's other favorite diversions:
- Don't miss out on the natural beauty that awaits your enjoyment on Split Rock Loop Trail. This trail is very popular among those desiring a scenic hike.
- Find peace in the calming noise of gushing water at Baptism River.
- Spend a day in the sunshine and do some exercise at Split Rock Lighthouse State Park, among the region's most visited parks.
- Go for an expedition surrounded by nature's beauty at Tettegouche Trail, a popular local trail.
- If you want a change of scenery, head up to Shovel Point. This cape is especially good on a balmy summer day.