Delight in the surrounding views and go for an invigorating walk in the open air at Alabama Hills.
It is located in Lone Pine, approximately 230 miles (370 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Sacramento.
It would be wise to work out your hotel early, since there's only 1 in the surrounding area. After a nice breakfast at the Trails Motel, it won't take long to reach Alabama Hills, only 3 miles (5 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Alabama Hills
After visiting Alabama Hills, prepare yourself for the other terrific attractions that the area has to offer:
- From famous rulers to memorable incidents, Lone Pine Film History Museum has exhibitions that are worth seeing.
- Head to Eastern Sierra InterAgency Visitor Center if you have any questions. Get valuable brochures and maps that may help you enjoy your vacation.
- Notch a few birdies, get some exercise and mentally challenge yourself at the local Mt. Whitney Golf Club.
- If you'd like a breath of fresh air, stop by Diaz Lake Recreation Area, a lovely local recreational area.
- If you're fascinated by where prisoners were locked up through the pages of history, take a look at Manzanar National Historic Site.