Dust off your walking shoes and drink in the scenery around you at Yellow River State Forest, a great place to spend some time in the fresh air with your fellow travelers.
You'll find it in Harpers Ferry, roughly 160 miles (257 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Des Moines.
Accommodation options in the area are not readily available. Many adventurers have had good experiences with the Galena Log Cabin Getaway, the Courtyard by Marriott La Crosse and the Hotel Julien Dubuque, 70 miles (113 kilometers), 45 miles (72 kilometers) and 55 miles (89 kilometers) away, respectively.
Other Things to Do Near Yellow River State Forest
Once you're finished exploring Yellow River State Forest, get ready to experience everything that the rest of the area has to offer:
- If you're naturally curious, then schedule time to go on a tour of Effigy Mounds National Monument. This attraction offers guests a fascinating glimpse at an archaeological dig site, as well as a selection of items that were found.
- Looking for some inner peace? Make plans to see inside Immaculate Conception - Wexford Church, a pleasant house of prayer.
- Imagine what life was like in a previous era while you're on a tour of the local historic house, Villa Louis.
- Driftless Area Wetlands Centre is the place to go for people eager to gain information on the natural environment of the area. Remember to inquire in advance regarding tours and other visiting information.
- Train your taste buds with the fragrant flavors of the wines showcased at Eagles Landing Winery.