Ready to plan your trip to Wilsons Creek National Battlefield?
If you'd like you visit it, go to Springfield. If you're not one hundred percent sure where that is, it's approximately 110 miles (177 kilometers) outside of Jefferson City, the state capital.
While you might not be swamped with choice when it comes to accommodation options in the area, you will find 1 hotel where you can kick back and relax. It is a quick drive of just 3 miles (5 kilometers) to Wilsons Creek National Battlefield from the AmericInn Republic.
Appreciate a variety of culinary treasures at Peabody Farm (5133 South State Highway Zz, Republic), only 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Wilsons Creek National Battlefield
You're here to experience Wilsons Creek National Battlefield, but you might be pleasantly surprised by what the rest of the area has going on:
- Take a look at the informational exhibits featured at General Sweeny's Museum of Civil War History.
- Whether you are interested in plant science or just the beauty of nature, Nathanael Greene/Close Memorial Park is a splendid place to spend a day.
- Want some time out from the noise and bustle of the city streets? Enjoy a jog in Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden, an urban oasis.
- If you are a fan of the medical sciences, it is worthwhile paying a visit to Hulston Cancer Center.
- If you are a fan of medical science, it is worthwhile heading to Wheeler Heart and Vascular Center.