Considering a visit to Rock Run Recreation Park on your next getaway?
This site is located in Altoona, which is roughly 100 miles (161 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Harrisburg.
There aren't any hotels near Rock Run Recreation Park, so you'll need to be ready for a bit of driving. Why not make some enquiries 50 miles (80 kilometers) away at the Omni Bedford Springs Resort? If that doesn't suit you, try the Holiday Inn Express State College at Williamsburg Square, 40 miles (64 kilometers) away, or the Toftrees Golf Resort, 40 miles (64 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Rock Run Recreation Park
You've come a long way, so surely Rock Run Recreation Park is just the beginning. Once you've taken it in, be sure to take a look at what the rest of the area has to offer:
- There's a surplus of natural ores and stones woven into the earth's soils. Why not discover what you can find in a mine on one of the tours carried out at Seldom Seen Tourist Coal Mine?
- If you love the beauty of nature, Prince Gallitzin State Park is a place you'll appreciate. Set aside an afternoon and go for a hike in the fresh air.
- Relax on the shores of Glendale Lake, where you can munch on some snacks and enjoy the splendor of nature.
- Contres Greer Social Hall is an outstanding venue to host various events. It's conveniently located and has a number of nearby restaurants, hotels and cafes.
- Whether you have a trained palate or just enjoy sipping wine with friends, Woody Lodge Winery is a wonderful place to try the local flavors.