You won't forget seeing Rochester Castle, one of the most impressive landmarks in this part of the world.
If you've ever wanted to visit Rochester, now is the time!
Most visitors are happy to learn there are 7 accommodation options within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Rochester Castle. See which you prefer out of the Bridgewood Manor and Ship & Trades.
If you're feeling a bit worn out from all your adventures, allow yourself a delectable caffeine break at Rochester Cathedral Enterprises Ltd, just a brief walk away. If you want something more substantial, Crêpe & Co is also nearby and offers a wide selection of quality meals. Why not end a wonderful day by toasting your traveling companions? Make your way to Ye Arrow, just around the corner, and order a round.
Other Things to Do Near Rochester Castle
You've traveled here for Rochester Castle, but you might be just as pleased with what the rest of the area has available:
- Looking to find out more about religion? Head over to Rochester Cathedral to see the impressive structure where many locals worship.
- Learning more about the history of a region at Guildhall Museum will certainly help you become more understanding of the land and its people during your getaway.
- Enjoy a tour of Six Poor Travellers House, and try to imagine life long ago.
- Head over to The Vines Park, a grassy oasis, and take time to simply enjoy basking in the sun and appreciating your green surroundings.
- Restoration House is an excellent tourist attraction that's ideal for history fans.
Visitors can get to Rochester Castle by train. Get off at the nearest station, Rochester, and you'll only be 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away. A different station you might like to try is Strood. It's pretty close too, being 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) away.