Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Portland, a cosmopolitan city known for its seafood restaurants and waterfront, as well as attractions like Wadsworth-Longfellow House and Children's Museum of Maine. You can choose from Travelocity's 51 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Portland and bring your four-legged friends along!
How to Wander Wisely in Portland with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Deering Oaks Park, Eastern Promenade, and Mackworth Island.
- Other things to see include Portland Museum of Art, Victoria Mansion, and Portland Observatory.
- For vet care, Animal Emergency and Specialty Care, Westbrook Animal Hospital, and Ide Corporation are located in the area.
Featured Pet-Friendly Hotels in Portland
- Hilton Garden Inn Portland Downtown Waterfront
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and pool.
- Best Western Freeport Inn
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its quiet location and spacious rooms.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Airport/Maine Mall
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the convenient parking and overall property condition.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Portland
Weather can make or break your trip, especially if you're hoping to spend time outdoors. Here are the average day and night temperatures to help plan your trip in Portland.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 47°F in the daytime to 13°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 77°F and the nighttime average is 30°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 79°F in the daytime to 44°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 64°F and the nighttime average is 15°F.