During your time at Norwalk Maritime Aquarium you'll learn about its animals and what is involved in their care.
You can visit it in Norwalk, 60 miles (97 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Hartford.
You'll be glad to know there are 2 accommodations nearby. The Norwalk Inn and Conference Center and The Guesthouse at the Norwalk Inn are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Norwalk Maritime Aquarium.
The Red Carpet Inn Norwalk is the lone inexpensive solution around, and it's roughly 2 miles (3 kilometers) away.
Enjoy the stimulating aroma of freshly ground coffee beans or taste a sweet snack at SoNo Harbor Deli & Cafe. It's a brief walk away from Norwalk Maritime Aquarium. For those looking for more substantial food, The Stand Juice Company is also nearby and has a range of quality meals. If you don't want to crawl into bed just yet, you can nurse a refreshing glass of your favorite wine or beer at El Segundo, also just down the road.
Other Things to Do Near Norwalk Maritime Aquarium
You've spent a while getting here, so we imagine Norwalk Maritime Aquarium isn't going to be your only stop. Once you've taken it in, have a look at what else the area has to offer:
- Allow yourself a short intermission from sightseeing and watch a thriller, drama or romantic comedy at Maritime IMAX.
- At The Maritime Aquarium you will find enclosures filled with marvelous creatures from our planet's massive oceans.
- If you're eager to explore aspects of the area's history, make your way to Lockwood-Mathews Mansion, a popular historic residence.
- If the kids are unsettled and longing for something to do, take them to Stepping Stones Museum for Children. Their interactive exhibits will stimulate their curiosity.
- Perhaps not the most prestigious or well-known museum, Lockwood Mathews Mansion Museum might still be worth a visit if you love to learn.
Why not board the metro when you're visiting Norwalk Maritime Aquarium? The closest station, South Norwalk, is just 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away.