Where to stay in Muscat: Best areas for travelers
- Al Khuwair: You can't honestly say you've seen this neighborhood without swinging by Oman Natural History Museum. It's one of the neighborhood's most interesting attractions. Need some inspiration on where to stay? The Dolphin Hotel, the Platinum Hotel and The Muscat Plaza Hotel should be on your shortlist.
- Azaiba: For a comfy place to stay, we suggest the Parkside Plaza Hotel - Muscat or the Savoy Grand Hotel Apartments. If you've got the time, be sure to spend a few hours checking out the local attractions.
- Al Ghubrah Ash Shamaliyyah: The key ingredients for a terrific vacation are unique attractions and a comfortable hotel. In this neighborhood, you'll easily find both. Book a room at the Dmas Hotel or the DMAS HOTEL and then find out what makes this place a hit with travelers.
- Shati Al Qurum: Basing yourself at the Ramada by Wyndham Qurum Beach, the Beach Hotel or the Muscat Hills Resort will put you within easy reach of some of the city's best nightlife. Get dressed up and check out Royal Opera House Muscat, a popular after-dark hangout in this neighborhood.
- Ruwi: Every place has its own unique personality and this neighborhood is no different. With lots of hotel options to pick from and attractions like Sultan's Armed Forces Museum in the area, you'll soon see why so many people like to base themselves here. Do yourself a favor and spend your evenings at the Al Falaj Hotel, the Al Burj International Hotel or the Haffa House Hotel.
Top Muscat hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Muscat
Grab your camera and your hemp string shopping bag, because with one of Travelocity's Muscat vacation packages, you're going to need them. Bazaars, museums, enormous mosques, and street fairs beckon you to take part in the vivid tourist life available to travelers taking vacations in Muscat.
For an authentic experience in a crowded marketplace, Muscat vacations offer a great opportunity for you: the Muttrah Souq bazaar. You can pick out some authentic souvenirs in this open-air bazaar while being protected from heat by the overarching ceiling. Don't forget to haggle for your purchases! The city also has plenty of historical and cultural landmarks, such as the grand mosque. To learn more about the culture infusing the city, turn to the museums. The Bait Al Zubair museum will teach you about the traditional lifestyles of the area, and the Sultan's Armed Forces museum shows a different side of history: the political development of the country with a focus on the military. If you get tired of the crowds, take advantage of the car rentals in Muscat to escape to the nearby beaches, which are relatively secluded and serene.
Recurring Festivals and Events
You won't want to miss the Muscat Festival, which is a month-long celebration packed with shows, performances, events, and general festivities. Taking place around January-February each year, the festival incorporates cultural elements of music, arts such as poetry and sculpting, lights, sports, and even speeches by famous political figures of the area. If you love sharing the infectious hilarity and enjoyment of a crowd, this is where you'll want to be in February. Take advantage of Travelocity's vacation packages to get great deals on flights combined with reservations for Muscat hotels .
To plan budget-friendly vacations in Muscat, try exploring Travelocity's website, which lets you pick flights from over 400 airlines and book reservations at over 510,000 hotels to create your dream trip on a budget.
Tours and Activities in Muscat
Sometimes, travel experiences can be so incredible that they totally bowl us over. They become treasured moments to reminisce about for a long time to come. Are you prepared to make some brilliant new memories?
If planning isn't your cup of tea, there's no need to stress — we've got you sorted. Muscat offers a wonderful selection of adventures. These are our top picks:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Muscat?
How long should my Muscat vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Muscat?
Why should I purchase my Muscat vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Muscat car rental if I combine it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Muscat?
Which airport is best for Muscat?
What is there to do in Muscat?
Where should I stay when visiting Muscat?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.