Where to stay in Abu Dhabi: Best areas for travelers
- Abu Dhabi City Center: You're never too far from nature here. Stroll around Mushrif Central Park and take in its peaceful environment. Keep an eye out for some more outdoor attractions before heading back to your room at the Centro Al Manhal. The Al Rawda Arjaan by Rotana and the Marriott Hotel Downtown, Abu Dhabi will also have a bed for you in this neighborhood.
- Al Danah: In addition to sightseeing, why not add a bit of retail therapy into the mix? This neighborhood is home to some excellent shopping hot spots, like Madinat Zayed Shopping Center and World Trade Center Mall. You'll need a good snooze after all that spending. For a cozy stay, book a room at the Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi Downtown, the City Seasons Al Hamra Hotel or the Cristal Hotel Abu Dhabi.
- Capital Centre: The key ingredients for a fabulous vacation are unique attractions and a comfortable place to rest your head. In this neighborhood, you'll easily find both. Lock in a room at the Premier Inn Abu Dhabi Capital Centre or the Centro Capital Centre and then find out what makes this area a hit with travelers.
- Madinat Zayed: Neighborhoods are full of fantastic things to do, and this one is no different. Kick off your exploring at Madinat Zayed Shopping Center and then find out what other surprises this area has up its sleeve. After a long day of sightseeing, relax and unwind at the Al Jazeera Royal Hotel, the Flamingo Hotel Apartment or the Paragon Hotel.
- Al Maqta: This neighborhood has lots to offer first-time visitors to the city, including fascinating attractions like The Souq at Qaryat Al Beri. Spend your days exploring and your nights somewhere comfortable like the Shangri-La Hotel Apartments Qaryat Al Beri, the Shangri-la Hotel Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi or the Traders Hotel Qaryat Al Beri Abu Dhabi, by Shangri-la.
Abu Dhabi flight + hotel packages
Top Abu Dhabi hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Vacations
You'll find every pace of life in Abu Dhabi. From lazing on stunning white sand beaches on the turquoise Persian Gulf to some of the world's fastest car races, Abu Dhabi is a modern city with something for everyone. As the political, economic, and cultural capital of the United Arab Emirates, the city has a diverse, lively vibe that's perfect for all ages. The options are endless for your vacation in Abu Dhabi, and the city is only growing as a tourist destination. Lose track of time playing on the beaches, sample some of the region's cuisine from world renowned chefs, or get down and dirty in the dunes just outside the city.
Without a doubt, Abu Dhabi's beaches are worth every minute spent at them. You can stay at hotels in Abu Dhabi right on the water, or you can pick somewhere more centrally located and visit one of the many public beaches. For those who prefer fresh water, there several water parks of gargantuan size that you will love. Car rentals in Abu Dhabi will give you the freedom to explore the outlying dunes yourself, and the sand will give you an excuse to head back to clean off. If you have a need for speed, check out one of the city's racetracks and get behind the wheel.
Recurring Festivals and Events
From classic art to Formula One racing, Abu Dhabi has several events throughout the year that you shouldn't miss. The annual Red Bull Air Race (hosted every fall) sees competitors pilot homemade flying devices, an event as comical and death-defying as it sounds. On a softer note, the Abu Dhabi Festival that is held every spring showcases the beauty of regional cultural heritage.
Let Travelocity help plan your Abu Dhabi vacation with deals on Abu Dhabi vacation packages that will leave more in your pocket. Save up to $537 when you book a hotel and flight at the same time, which is just that much more to enjoy your vacation with.
Tours and Activities in Abu Dhabi
You can forget about seeing this wonderful world of ours via other people's envy-inspiring getaway snaps. Travel's about having your own unforgettable moments and experiences.
If planning isn't your cup of tea, don't worry — we've got you covered. Abu Dhabi has a wonderful range of adventures. Here are some suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Abu Dhabi?
How long should my Abu Dhabi vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Abu Dhabi?
Why should I purchase my Abu Dhabi vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Abu Dhabi car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Abu Dhabi?
Which airport is best for Abu Dhabi?
What is there to do in Abu Dhabi?
Where should I stay when visiting Abu Dhabi?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.