There aren't too many things that can beat the sensation of being outside in nature. Head to Mount Sinai for a much-needed dose.
You'll find it in Dahab, about 200 miles (322 kilometers) from the national capital, Cairo.
You will have 2 hotel options to peruse nearby. The Catherine Plaza Hotel and Daniela Village St. Katherine, situated within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Mount Sinai, are popular choices with many travelers.
Anyone who is fond of a good deal will love staying at the Morgenland Hotel St. Catherine, just 4 miles (6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Mount Sinai
When you're finished with Mount Sinai, why not explore some of the other attractions in the area? Here are a few places to start off with:
- Walk to the peak of Mt. Sinai for a mesmerizing outlook of this region.
- Organize a tour of Saint Catherine's Monastery, and have a look at the place where many have come to find spiritual enlightenment.
- St Catherine's Monastery is a monastery in the area. Find a quiet spot to contemplate or see if you can arrange a tour.
- Get a glimpse into a more secluded way of life at St Katherine's Monastery, a sacred place in the area.
- Trek to the peak of Mt Sinai, or view it from a comfortable spot on the ground.