At Mono Lake, you can let go of all of the worries of daily life. Take a short walk, enjoy the open skies and watch the birds flying overhead. Your body will thank you for it later.
You will find it in Lee Vining, approximately 140 miles (225 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Sacramento.
Unfortunately, accommodation options within 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) of Mono Lake do not yet exist. However, if you're happy to go just a little bit further out, there are lots. Situated just 25 miles (40 kilometers) away is Mammoth Lakes. There you have a choice of 58 places to stay. The 1849 Condos - Mammoth Lakes by RedAwning, Snowcreek Resort and Meadow Ridge Condos by Mammoth Slopes Lodging are among the more popular choices here.
Other Things to Do Near Mono Lake
Surely you aren't intending to wrap up the day after Mono Lake? Allow yourself some time to find out what else the area has to offer:
- Mono Lake Committee Information Center can give you all the information you need to make the most of your trip.
- Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area Visitor Center can give you all the information you need to make the most of your visit.
- You'll soon see why the shores of lovely Lundy Lake are well worth a visit.
- Spend time admiring the sailboats and lovely yachts moored in the docks, or just stroll around and enjoy the breeze at June Lake Marina. Make sure to contact them for visitor information.
- June Lake Community Building is an important venue for conferences or other events. It's conveniently located and has a number of nearby restaurants, cafes and hotels.