If you are looking for something interesting to experience during your next vacation, a trip to McPhee Recreation Area is an excellent idea.
It's in Dolores. If you aren't quite familiar with that name, it is 250 miles (402 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Denver.
If you want to stay close by, you're advised to sort out your accommodation as soon as possible. There's just 1 hotel in the vicinity. From Sophia Retreat and Event Center, it's only 4 miles (6 kilometers) to McPhee Recreation Area.
Other Things to Do Near McPhee Recreation Area
Surely you're not intending to call it quits after McPhee Recreation Area? Give yourself some time to check out what else the area has to offer:
- Anasazi Heritage Center is a well-known local attraction that will bring you back to another era. You'll have the opportunity to see an archaeological dig, in addition to a number of fascinating items that were discovered.
- Have fun behind the scenes when you visit Dolores River Brewery.
- Rio Grande Southern Railroad Museum is a popular destination for many tourists and locals alike. Make sure to add it to your to-do list.
- If you are keen to go on another adventure in the area, head over to Colorado Welcome Center at Cortez and grab a leaflet.
- To enjoy an adventure into the distant past, visit Crow Canyon Archaeological Center, where you'll see the results of a real archaeological dig.