Lace up your walking shoes and soak up the nature around you at Lake Whatcom, a great place to spend a day in the sunshine with friends and family.
Bellingham, approximately 120 miles (193 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Olympia, is where you will find it.
You won't find a hotel in the immediate vicinity, but if you go just a little farther out, you'll be able to find a place. Drive 25 miles (40 kilometers) and you'll discover Glacier, along with 5 places to stay. Enquire about a reservation at the Mount Baker Cabin #2 by RedAwning, Glacier Springs #27 by RedAwning and Glacier Springs #21 by RedAwning.
Other Things to Do Near Lake Whatcom
You've come a long way, and no doubt Lake Whatcom won't be the only thing on your itinerary. Once you're finished, be sure to investigate what the rest of the area has to offer:
- Take a breath of fresh air while taking in the natural landscape at Samish Park. You'll find lots of space to relax!
- If you've been craving a breath of fresh air, stop by Whatcom Falls Park, a well-loved local recreational area.
- Let your kids burn off a bit of their energy when they're running around and playing at Bloedel Donovan Park, a green oasis.
- Try and find the fairways at Lake Padden Golf Course, a great place to relax and play a couple of rounds.
- Want some time out from the noise and bustle of modern life? Enjoy a jog in Lake Padden Park, a leafy green sanctuary.