Book a hotel near Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, United States of America
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge
Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge Hotel & Travel Guide
At Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, you can let go of all of the stresses and hassles of day-to-day life. Take a nice stroll, enjoy the fresh air and watch the birds flying overhead. Your body will thank you for it later.
It is situated in Norfolk - Virginia Beach, which is an estimated 85 miles (137 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Richmond.
Possible accommodations are limited within the 60 miles (97 kilometers) around Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, but you'll be able to find them if you're willing to drive a little farther. Many adventurers recommend the Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg, the Williamsburg Inn and the Parkside Williamsburg Resort, located 55 miles (89 kilometers), 50 miles (80 kilometers) and 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, respectively.
Other Things to Do Near Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife RefugeWhen you're finished exploring Great Dismal Swamp National Wildlife Refuge, get ready to experience all that the wider region has to offer:
- You'll soon see why the shores of lovely Lake Drummond are a popular place to relax.
- Enjoy the natural world by spending the day at Dismal Swamp State Park, a large recreational area.
- Professional shoppers will want to head straight for Planters Peanut Center, an important store which some people specifically visit for.
- Experience some of the arts events regularly offered by Suffolk Center for Cultural Arts and become more knowledgeable about local culture.
- Suffolk Seaboard Station Railroad Museum is a well-known attraction for transportation enthusiasts. Remember to make it part of your itinerary.