Nature's works of art are incredible to see. Giant City State Park is no exception.
To reach it, travel about 150 miles (241 kilometers) from the state capital, Springfield, until you reach Carbondale.
Unfortunately, there are no hotels in the immediate vicinity of Giant City State Park. You've got no need to worry though, since there is an adequate number a little farther out. Situated only 35 miles (56 kilometers) away is Cape Girardeau. There you'll find a selection of 6 places to stay. A few you can take a peek at are the Pear Tree Inn Cape Girardeau West, Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cape Girardeau I-55 and Auburn Place Hotel And Suites.
Other Things to Do Near Giant City State Park
After you're finished with Giant City State Park, get set for everything that the rest of the area has to offer:
- Get to know the difference between your birdies, backswings and bogeys, with a round or two at Stone Creek Golf Club and Resort.
- Train your palate with the ambrosial flavors of the wines sampled at Owl Creek Vineyard.
- Could there be anything better than an enlightening cultural trip mixed with alcohol? Make time to go to Rustle Hill Winery and you will certainly figure it out.
- Whether you have a trained palate or simply enjoy tasting wine in casual settings, Blue Sky Vineyards is a wonderful place to try the local flavors.
- Your group will enjoy a spicy and sweet jaunt through the regional essences that can be tasted at StarView Vineyards.