Where to stay in Edmonton: Best areas for travelers
- West Edmonton: If you're considering this neighborhood, we suggest the Fantasyland Hotel, the West Edmonton Mall Inn and the Candlewood Suites West Edmonton - Mall Area. And if you're in the mood for some sightseeing, don't forget to visit West Edmonton Mall. It's a major reason so many travelers come here.
- North Central Edmonton: You've got lots of options when it comes to comfortable places to stay in this neighborhood. To begin with, have a look at the JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District, The Sutton Place Hotel - Edmonton and the Delta Hotels by Marriott Edmonton Centre Suites. You'll be able to jump out of bed and be at fantastic attractions like Commonwealth Stadium shortly after.
- Southwest Edmonton: This neighborhood is a fantastic place to tick off must-see sights. Drop your bags down at the TRU BY Hilton Edmonton Windermere, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Edmonton South or the Super 8 by Wyndham Edmonton South. After that, head over to Fort Edmonton Park. It's hard to say you've really been here without some selfies at this well-known attraction!
- Southeast Edmonton: Loads of travelers choose this neighborhood because it's brimming with things to do. Your itinerary will be busy with cool attractions like South Edmonton Common, ISKCON Edmonton and Pioneer Meadows Golf Course. Where's a good place to relax after all that fun? The Royal Lodge, the Holiday Inn Edmonton South - Evario Events and the Derrick Motel are some options.
- Jasper Place: This is the ideal place to stay if you're a fan of sightseeing. With Ice Palace, Professor Wem's Adventure Golf and CARNA Museum & Archives all here, there's plenty to keep you occupied. When you're ready to hit the hay, find yourself a comfortable bed at the Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham Edmonton, the Continental Inn & Suites or the Short Term Cozy and Convenient one Bedroom Close to West Edmonton Mall.
Top Edmonton hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Edmonton
The city of Edmonton is the very epicenter of commerce and culture in the Canadian prairie lands of central Alberta. The city is also the home of the Edmonton Oilers, a National Hockey League team.
Many Edmonton vacations include an extended visit to the West Edmonton Mall, the largest shopping mall in North America. Browse some of the 800 stores before visiting the World Waterpark, the second-largest indoor water park in the world. The 4.9 acre expanse includes the largest wave pool anywhere. Enjoy endless thrills and chills on the roller coasters at Galaxyland, the world's second-largest indoor amusement park.
Edmonton offers visitors a wide assortment of parks and green space. Enjoy riding the steam train at Fort Edmonton Park and explore the period homes and historic shops. Children are offered the opportunity to "deliver" packages and polish vintage fire trucks.
Mill Creek Ravine Park is popular with hikers and bikers in South Edmonton, and Hawrelak Park offers open space along the river. Rent a paddle boat on the lake in the park. Those with rental cars in Edmonton will find it that much easier to explore all that the city has to offer.
Recurring Festivals and Events
When you vacation in Edmonton, you'll quickly discover why locals refer to it as "The Festival City." Dozens of special events fill the calendar throughout the year, including K-Days, held every July. The event features live music, carnival rides, and even chuck wagon races. Fans of William Shakespeare frequently attend the Free Will Shakespeare Festival at the end of June in Hawrelak Park. In August, Heritage Days is also held at the same park. August's Sourdough Festival is known for its raft race.
When you are planning your trip to Edmonton, browse Travelocity's wide selection of Edmonton vacation packages. Save up to $537 when you book a flight and hotel at the same time! Choose from among many affordable Edmonton hotels to find the one with the amenities that you value the most.
Tours and Activities in Edmonton
Forget seeing this remarkable world of ours through other people's envy-rousing getaway pics. Travel is about capturing your own incredible new experiences.
Indulging in a SpaFinder Gift Card is a delightful way to kick-start your Edmonton getaway.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Edmonton?
How long should my Edmonton vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Edmonton?
Why should I purchase my Edmonton vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Edmonton car rental if I combine it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Edmonton?
Which airport is best for Edmonton?
What is there to do in Edmonton?
Where should I stay when visiting Edmonton?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.