ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
In shopping district
You'll be within half a mile (1 km) of Clive Aquatic Center and 2 miles (3 km) of Valley West Mall with a stay here. Mercy Medical Center West Lakes and Living History Farms are also within 2 miles (3 km).
This hotel doesn't skimp on freebies - guests receive free continental breakfast, free WiFi, and free self parking. Traveling for business? Take advantage of the business center, laundry service, and conference space. There's a seasonal outdoor pool on site, and a 24-hour front desk and a fireplace in the lobby are also provided.
Kitchens, flat-screen TVs
The 112 guestrooms feature well-equipped kitchens with refrigerators, stovetops, microwaves, and dishwashers. Other amenities include pillowtop beds, sitting areas, and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Housekeeping is available on request.
Sterling Hotel and Suites ratings based on 47 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for Sterling Hotel and Suites
Aug 5, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
Thank you for choosing us, we appreciate your feedback and business.
Jul 29, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
Thank you for choosing us, we truly appreciate your feedback.
Jul 26, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
Thank you for choosing us, we truly appreciate your feedback and business.
Jul 22, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
Thank you for giving me your feedback, we truly appreciate your business.
Jun 24, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
We truly appreciate your feedback and business, we are working to get outdoor updated. Hope to see you back soon on you future travels. Thank you
Jun 8, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
Thank you for your business and feedback, hope to see back soon. Thank you
May 1, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
We apologize for the issue on your room, we will make sure that this does not happen again. Thank you for your business and feedback, Respectfully
May 1, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
Thank you for taking time to communicate your feedback. We truly appreciate guests who take time to let us know their concerns of the hotel, as it will only assist us in becoming better at what we do. We strive to deliver the best quality and service to our guests and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation. Please accept my sincere apologies. Thank you for choosing Sterling Hotel and Suites, and we look forward to welcoming you again. Respectfully
Feb 25, 2019 by Jose Nogales GM
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your business. Respectfully,
Apr 1, 2019 by Jose Nogales
Thank you for your business, we hope to see you soon on your future travels.
About the Sterling Hotel and SuitesLocation 11428 Forest Ave, Clive, IA 50325
A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. You'll find a business center on site. Free breakfast is available daily. The business-friendly Sterling Hotel and Suites also features a seasonal outdoor pool, coffee/tea in a common area, and a fireplace in the lobby. Free self parking is available. This 3-star Clive hotel is smoke free.
- 112 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 14 buildings
- Continental breakfast (free)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Full-sized refrigerator/freezer
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , RV, bus, truck parking , Free parking nearby
- Airport: Des Moines, IA (DSM-Des Moines Intl.) (25.5 km / 15.9 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Sterling Hotel and Suites offers 112 accommodations, which are accessible via exterior corridors and feature coffee/tea makers and hair dryers. Accommodations offer separate sitting areas. Beds feature pillowtop mattresses. Accommodations at this 3-star hotel have kitchens with full-sized refrigerators/freezers, stovetops, microwaves, and cookware/dishes/utensils. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations and complimentary toiletries. Flat-screen televisions come with premium cable channels. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Housekeeping is provided on request.
- In-room kitchen
- Sitting area
- Pillowtop beds
- Flat-screen television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Refrigerator (full size)
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (on request)
- Local calls (free)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Exterior corridor access
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
Guests are served free continental breakfast on weekdays from 6 AM to 9 AM and on weekends from 7 AM to 10 AM.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a seasonal outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2:00 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 21
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets: USD 20.00 per pet (varies based on length of stay), plus a deposit of USD 75 per stay
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 100 lbs)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No elevators
- Number of children who can stay free - 2
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 40.00 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pet deposit: USD 75 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 20.00 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Early check-in fee: USD 20.00 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: USD 20 (subject to availability)
- Weekly housekeeping provided; additional cleaning fee: USD 0
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Sterling Clive
- Sterling Hotel Clive
- Sterling Hotel
- Chase Hotel Clive
- Chase Hotel Des Moines
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- The seasonal pool will open in May and close in August.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Alcohol isn't served at Sterling Hotel and Suites.