FAQs about Roanoke Flights
Which airlines fly to Roanoke?
Booking a flight with Japan Transocean Air is the best option if you intend to begin your thrilling adventure in Roanoke. What airport is best to fly into Roanoke?
There's no prospect of ending up at the wrong airport in Roanoke, as there's just one servicing the city. Roanoke, VA Airport (ROA-Roanoke Regional) is approximately 4 miles (7 kilometers) from all the action downtown. Where to stay in Roanoke
With 45 excellent accommodations in Roanoke, you're spoilt for choice. But don't wait around. The sooner you book, the sooner you can start looking forward to your adventure!
Keen for a taste of the high life on your vacation? Lock in a lavish room with fancy extras at the Hotel Roanoke & Conference Ctr, Curio Collection by Hilton . Alternatively, hit the hay at the Econo Lodge Civic Center. It's a fine choice if you're on a smaller budget. Places to visit in Roanoke
Travelers ought to explore the Mill Mountain Zoo and the Center in the Square. After more things to do in this buzzing city? The Mill Mountain Star and the Virginia Museum of Transportation will keep you busy.
Science will always be a fundamental part of our daily lives. Science Museum of Western Virginia makes it available for visitors young and old. Like some more options? Learn about the intriguing lives and practices of people from different cultures at Harrison Museum of African-American Culture. And that's not all there is. Pick up your tickets and make your way to Berglund Center for a rock concert, a tantalising culinary festival or a show for the whole family to enjoy. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Roanoke
Make your journey to Roanoke a little easier by following these handy security tips:
- Keep your travel ID and boarding pass somewhere accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be instructed to produce by airport security personnel.
- USB sticks, wallets and mobile phones are to be placed in a tray for X-raying. If you enter the body scanner with any of these items, you'll be turned back and instructed to remove them.
- Electronics such as laptops, tablets and phones will need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Make sure they're easily accessible.
- When it comes to flying with gels and liquids, all passengers are permitted a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to keep containers no greater than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Think about your choice of footwear. Slippers are awesome because they're a cinch to remove when you're at the security checkpoint. Try wearing a pair on your next flight!
- The list of non-permissible items is forever updating. Check with your carrier's official website for what is not allowed on board their aircraft.