Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Roanoke, a family-friendly city known for its theaters and concert halls, as well as attractions like Harrison Museum of African-American Culture and Science Museum of Western Virginia. You can choose from Travelocity's 40 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Roanoke and bring Fido along!
How to Wander Wisely in Roanoke with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at River's Edge Sports Complex, Mill Mountain Park, and Virginia's Explore Park.
- Other things to see include Center in the Square, Virginia Museum of Transportation, and Mill Mountain Star.
- Need a pet store? Try Tuesday Morning, Puppy Love, or Biscuit & Bubbles.
- For vet care, Avian and Exotic Pet Clinic of Roanoke, PetSmart, and Angels of Assisi are located in the area.
Featured Pet-Friendly Hotels in Roanoke
- Best Western Plus Inn at Valley View
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its proximity to the airport and comfy beds.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Salem
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel. Guests appreciate the breakfast and convenient parking.
- Sheraton Roanoke Hotel & Conference Center
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its proximity to the airport and spacious rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Roanoke
Weather can make or break your trip, especially if you're hoping to spend time outdoors. Here are the average day and night temperatures to help better plan your vacation in Roanoke.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 63°F in the daytime to 27°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 86°F and the nighttime average is 41°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 87°F in the daytime to 52°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 73°F and the nighttime average is 28°F.