FAQs about American Airlines Flights
Where does American Airlines fly?
Explore faraway places, enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences and make lasting memories. Travelocity advertises some of the best airfares on round-trip and one-way flights to sensational destinations with American Airlines.
American Airlines has an impressive fleet of aircraft that jets across the country connecting workers, friends and loved ones daily. These are their most popular national routes:
- Charlotte, NC Airport (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.) to Orlando, FL Airport (MCO-Orlando Intl.) with 1,508 flights every month
- Dallas, TX Airport (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.) to Phoenix, AZ Airport (PHX-Sky Harbor Intl.) with 1,467 flights every month
- Dallas, TX Airport (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.) to Las Vegas, NV Airport (LAS-McCarran Intl.) with 1,447 flights every month
- Dallas, TX Airport (DFW-Dallas-Fort Worth Intl.) to Los Angeles, CA Airport (LAX-Los Angeles Intl.) with 1,412 flights every month
Journey toward thrilling experiences and take in exotic cultures. The most frequented international routes available from American Airlines are:
What airline is AA?
- Charlotte, NC Airport (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.) to Toronto, ON Airport (YYZ-Pearson Intl.) with 773 flights every month
- Toronto, ON Airport (YYZ-Pearson Intl.) to Charlotte, NC Airport (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.) with 772 flights every month
- Toronto, ON Airport (YYZ-Pearson Intl.) to Philadelphia, PA Airport (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.) with 752 flights every month
- Montreal, QC Airport (YUL-Pierre Elliott Trudeau Intl.) to Philadelphia, PA Airport (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.) with 744 flights every month
AA is the IATA code for American Airlines. IATA, the International Air Transport Association, appoints all airlines a two-letter code to standardize and simplify identification and communications. American Airlines Post Booking Tips
How to I find my flight number?
- After making your booking, review the itinerary that's been delivered to your email inbox. You'll see a code made up of numbers and letters and can be found on the first page. You might like to print this document or save it to your phone in case you need to make a change to your booking.
How early can you check bags for a flight?
- This can differ between airlines, but typically it's two hours ahead of departure for domestic flights and three hours for international. Drop off your luggage early and kick back with a coffee in the airport terminal. It sure beats speeding in a cab wondering if you'll make your flight.