Don't sit around wondering about what's next on the agenda. Shepherd University is always ready for you.
Martinsburg, where it is, lies 220 miles (354 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Charleston.
Finding a good place to spend your nights close to Shepherd University is easy, since the Bavarian Inn and Thomas Shepherd Inn are basically next door.
The Quality Inn is a budget hotel that you will find only 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer) away.
Breathe in the stimulating aroma of fresh roasted coffee beans or browse the menu for a snack from Rams Den. It's a brief walk away from Shepherd University. If you are planning to go out for dinner, stick around the area and book a table at Press Room. Why don't you end a leisurely day with a toast? Make your way to Bistro 112, just around the corner, and order a round.
Other Things to Do Near Shepherd University
If you have time, you'll want to discover what else is happening in the region:
- Check out a performance at Shepherdstown Opera House to listen to the powerful harmonies of the cast.
- History buffs simply must visit Shepherdstown Museum, a place where history comes to life with stories from the past.
- Go and grab a bunch of brochures and maps from Shepherdstown Visitors Center to discover more about this area.
- Get a better understanding of the character of this area by visiting some of its monuments, including Rumsey Monument.
- A cemetery isn't usually the number one site on most traveler's lists, but you'll see that Elmwood Cemetery has an interesting story to tell about the history of the area.