Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Scranton, a family-friendly city known for its concert halls and casinos, as well as attractions like The Mall at Steamtown and Steamtown National Historic Site. Take your pick from Travelocity's 29 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Scranton and bring your pooch along!
How to Wander Wisely in Scranton with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Nay Aug Park and Lazy Brook Park.
- Other things to see include Electric City Trolley Station and Museum, Everhart Museum, and Houdini Museum.
- Need a pet store? Try Pet Supplies Plus, The Pet Zone, or Pet Valu.
- For vet care, Veterinary Referral and Emergency Center, Citywide Animal Clinic, and VCA Dunmore Animal Hospital are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Scranton
- The Woodlands Inn, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and comfy beds.
- Camelot Restaurant & Inn
Dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3-star inn. Guests appreciate its quiet location and spacious rooms.
- Comfort Inn & Suites Tunkhannock
Pets are allowed at this 2.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate the pool and exceptional value.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Scranton
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help better plan your trip in Scranton.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 52°F in the daytime to 18°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 81°F and the nighttime average is 33°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 82°F in the daytime to 47°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 66°F and the nighttime average is 20°F.