Taking a minute to inhale the clean air at Point Lookout Trail is a wonderful way to tame your frazzled nerves.
Cortez, roughly 250 miles (402 kilometers) from the state capital, Denver, is where you will find it.
Staying within a short commute of Point Lookout Trail won't be too hard, due to the fact that there are 2 hotels less than 6 miles (10 kilometers) away. The Far View Lodge and Sundance Bear Lodge are two places to consider.
Other Things to Do Near Point Lookout Trail
Whether you want to venture down the road less traveled or check out the more well-known attractions, you won't run out of things to do once you're finished at Point Lookout Trail:
- Pull on your favorite walking boots and take on Knife Edge Trail. This picturesque and rewarding trail is a great way to really experience the natural beauty of the region.
- A fun walk on the popular Prater Ridge Trail will reward lovers of nature with scenic vistas and a relaxing break from the noise and stress of daily city life.
- A fun walk through Spruce Canyon Trail will reward nature lovers with scenic vistas and a well-deserved break from the stress and noise of daily city life.
- Go in search of wildlife, snap a few photos and amble through nature at Mesa Verde National Park Entrance.
- If you are keen to find out more about the area, check out Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center and pick up a pamphlet or two.