Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Newport News, a family-friendly city known for its restaurants and museums, as well as attractions like Colonial Williamsburg and Virginia Living Museum. Take your pick from Travelocity's 30 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Newport News and bring your doggy along!
How to Wander Wisely in Newport News with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Sandy Bottom Nature Park, Huntington Park, and Newport News Park.
- Other things to see include Mariner's Museum, Virginia War Museum, and Virginia Air and Space Center.
- Need a pet store? Try Wild Birds Unlimited, Tuesday Morning, or Pet World Ltd.
- For vet care, PetSmart, Banfield Pet Hospital, and Warwick Animal Hospital are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Newport News
- Quality Inn Near Hampton Coliseum
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and comfortable rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Hampton Coliseum & Convention Center
Pets stay free at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply.
- Candlewood Suites Newport News/Yorktown
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its location and spacious rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Newport News
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. We have gathered the average temperatures to help plan your trip in Newport News.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 66°F in the daytime to 32°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 89°F and the nighttime average is 44°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 90°F in the daytime to 58°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 77°F and the nighttime average is 32°F.