Be prepared to step back into the past during your visit to Ned's Point Lighthouse.
To see it, travel to Mattapoisett, 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the state capital, Concord.
Would you like stay nearby? With only 1 accommodation option in the area, it's a good idea to book a room before it's too late. The Hampton Inn by Hilton New Bedford/Fairhaven is just 5 miles (8 kilometers) away from Ned's Point Lighthouse.
We know how captivating discovering new things can be, but your thoughts will likely soon turn to your rumbling stomach. Only 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer) from Ned's Point Lighthouse is where you'll find Oxford Creamery (98 County Road, Mattapoisett), a great place to take a breather and have a meal.
Other Things to Do Near Ned's Point Lighthouse
Whether you want to get off the main tourist track or explore the more well-known attractions, you won't run out of things to do after visiting Ned's Point Lighthouse:
- Professional shoppers will want to head in the direction of Wings & Things, an iconic store which some people specifically visit for.
- Unitarian Memorial Church is a pleasant house of worship and a local landmark that you might like to see and admire.
- Time spent admiring Fairhaven Town Hall will give you greater insight into the general history and civic character of this destination and the people who live here.
- Newspapers, books, exhibits and other resources will greet you at Millicent Library, a prized location for those who love to read.
- Head to Acushnet 9/11 Memorial, a memorial that is a window to the past.