Relax and unwind with Mother Earth at Myakka River State Park.
It is just one of several attractions that makes the city of Sarasota so popular.
You won't be able to find a hotel in the immediate vicinity, but if you travel a little farther away, you are sure to find something. Venture 40 miles (64 kilometers) and you will discover Punta Gorda, along with 6 places to stay. The Fishermens Village Resort, The Wyvern Hotel - Downtown Punta Gorda and Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside should be on your shortlist.
Other Things to Do Near Myakka River State Park
After you're done at Myakka River State Park, there are a whole host of other attractions that'll keep you occupied:
- Sitting high up above the forest floor, the treetop walking platform of Canopy Walkway and Boylston Nature Trail offers its visitors fantastic views that were formerly seen only by our feathered friends.
- Take a moment to admire the time and effort that has gone into protecting the graves at Sarasota National Cemetery.
- Luckily, some places are so significant in history or nature that they're protected. Pinelands Reserve is one of those places.
- At Heritage Oaks Golf and Country Club, you can hang out with a few swanky locals, and appreciate the private access to its well-maintained grounds.
- There's nowhere better to really unwind than Rothenbach Park. Read a good book, kick a ball around or have a delicious picnic in this idyllic urban oasis.