Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Harrisburg, a family-friendly city known for its museums and amusement parks, as well as attractions like Pennsylvania State Capitol and Spring Gate Vineyard. Choose from Travelocity's 24 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Harrisburg and bring your pooch along!
How to Wander Wisely in Harrisburg with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Kohl Memorial Park, Wildwood Park, and Fort Hunter Mansion and Park.
- Other things to see include Shoppes at Susquehanna Marketplace, National Civil War Museum, and Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex.
- Need a pet store? Try Pet Valu, Doggie Delights Bakery, or Abrams and Weakley General Store for Animals.
- For vet care, Animal Hospital of Dauphin County, Healing Creatures Animal Hospital, and Lockwillow Avenue Animal Clinic are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Harrisburg
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Harrisburg Airport Hershey
Pets stay free at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its central location and comfy beds.
- Best Western Premier The Central Hotel & Conference Center
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and bar.
- Baymont by Wyndham Harrisburg
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and clean rooms.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Harrisburg
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you're hoping to spend time outdoors. Here are the average day and night temperatures to help plan your vacation in Harrisburg.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 57°F in the daytime to 23°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 84°F and the nighttime average is 37°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 86°F in the daytime to 50°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 70°F and the nighttime average is 24°F.