Fort Ticonderoga is a fascinating experience. Don't forget to bring your camera, because this is one destination that you won't soon want to forget.
You'll find it in Ticonderoga, which is 55 miles (89 kilometers) outside of Montpelier, the capital of the state.
After spending some time at Fort Ticonderoga, end an enjoyable day at a cozy hotel. There are 2 options within 6 miles (10 kilometers). The Best Western Plus Ticonderoga Inn & Suites and Super 8 Ticonderoga are two places you might want to consider.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Ticonderoga
Following your visit to Fort Ticonderoga, prepare for the other activities that the region has to offer:
- Take part in a tour of a historic fort, Mount Independence State Historic Site.
- History may not come alive in lecture halls, but the exhibits at Ticonderoga Heritage Museum make learning an authentic experience for all patrons.
- Look up Ticonderoga Cartoon Museum if you've visited all the other museums and you still have a thirst for more!
- From famous leaders to important moments in time, Ticonderoga Historical Society holds displays that are always worth a look.
- Brush up on the difference between bogeys, birdies and backswings, by spending a day out on the green at Ticondroga Country Club.
After a long day of exploring, catch the train at Ticonderoga, only 0.8 miles (1.3 kilometers) from Fort Ticonderoga.