Fort Chaffee is definitely a destination worth exploring.
It is in Fort Smith. If you aren't familiar with the name, it's 120 miles (193 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Little Rock.
While you won't be able to find anywhere to stay nearby, don't despair. The Holiday Inn Springdale/Fayetteville Area, 60 miles (97 kilometers) away, and The Chancellor Hotel, 55 miles (89 kilometers) away, are two choices that might fit into your plans. If not, 8 miles (13 kilometers) away is the Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Smith.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Chaffee
After you're finally finished at Fort Chaffee, you won't run out of things to do with some of the other things that are available in the greater region:
- Bell Park is a leafy, green urban oasis. It's the perfect spot to take a stroll and take in the outdoors.
- Spend a few hours at Massard Prairie Battlefield Park and you'll really get a sense of its significance.
- Spend a couple of hours shopping at Central Mall, where you can purchase almost everything, including fashion, souvenirs and general supplies.
- Satisfy your need for nature at Clear Creek Park. Bring along a lunch, and spend the day admiring the natural environment.
- Whether it's a wild rock concert or a fun kids' show, Harper Arena hosts a selection of outstanding events.