FAQs about Ocho Rios Flights
What airport is best to fly into Ocho Rios?
There's no chance of getting dropped off at the wrong airport in Ocho Rios, as there's just one operating in the city. Montego Bay Airport (MBJ-Sir Donald Sangster Intl.) is about 53 miles (85 kilometers) from all the action downtown. Where to stay in Ocho Rios
Researched Ocho Rios, sorted your vacation outfits but haven't yet booked your accommodations? Travelocity can help you take care of that. Choose from 130 centrally located properties and start packing your bags!
Keen for a taste of the high life on your vacation? Reserve a lavish room with fancy extras at the Moon Palace Jamaica - All Inclusive. Alternatively, look up the Reggae Hostel Ocho Rios. It's a fine choice if you're vacationing on a budget.
Make the most of your stay in Ocho Rios and stop by Dunn's River Falls, Ocho Rios. With both The Bamboo Hostel and the Green Island Beach Suite at Turtle Towers just a walk away, there's no reason not to go see it! Places to visit in Ocho Rios
While it can be quite exciting wandering off the beaten track when you're somewhere new, sometimes it's good to do the touristy things to see what all the fuss is about — like exploring Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios.
If you want to visit some of the noteworthy attractions here, add Turtle Beach and Dolphin Cove to your bucket list.
You'll have fun finding presents for family and friends, as well as a few well-deserved treats for yourself, at Island Village. Need some more ideas? Feel a wave of relaxation as you tune in to the seabirds' songs engulfing you at Mahogany Beach. And there's more. Shaw Park Botanical Gardens is a great place to spend a sunny afternoon relaxing, tossing a ball around and checking out the plants and flowers scattered around the gardens. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Ocho Rios
Make your trip to Ocho Rios a little easier by following these helpful tips and pointers:
- Make sure you know the whereabouts of your boarding pass and passport. You don't want to hold up the line when you're asked to present them.
- Belts, wallets and power banks should be placed in a bin for X-raying. If you enter the body scanner with any of these items, you'll be turned around and requested to remove them.
- Laptops must be taken out of their carry bags and placed in a tray for inspection.
- When you approach the security checkpoint, you'll be asked to put all gels, liquids and creams in a separate bin for inspection. Make sure they're all packed in containers smaller than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and sealed in a clear zip-lock bag.
- Consider the type of footwear you want to fly in. Slippers are great because they're easy to step out of when you're doing the airport security checks. Try wearing a pair on your next journey!
- The list of non-permissible items is forever changing. Have a look at your airline's website to understand what is not allowed on board their flights.