FAQs about Calgary Flights
Which airlines fly to Calgary?
You'll find an impressive range of air carriers that advertise flights to and from Calgary — 29 to be precise. Prominent ones include:
What airport is best to fly into Calgary?
- Air Canada
- Japan Transocean Air
There's no chance of winding up at the wrong airport in Calgary, as there's only one operating in the city. Calgary, AB Airport (YYC-Calgary Intl.) is 6 miles (10 kilometers) from the hustle and bustle downtown. Where to stay in Calgary
A memorable vacation is just a few clicks away with Travelocity. Select from 188 Calgary accommodations, then start counting down the days until your adventure!
It's not every day you go on vacation, so why not indulge in a little luxury? The Westin Calgary and the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire are a few of the top upmarket properties in Calgary. The Regency Suites Hotel and the ExecSuite are some thrifty options if you'd rather spend your cash on experiences.
With a number of places to stay near to Calgary Tower, Beltline, you'll be able to truly experience this star attraction while being just a walk away from a nice warm bed! The Westin Calgary and the Calgary CORE Suites are two we recommend. Places to visit in Calgary
Keen for some sightseeing pointers? Make your way to Heritage Park Historical Village, a notable attraction that will give you a glimpse into this city's unique culture.
Get yourself ready for an evening bursting with talent when you visit GRAND. Want some more options? Enjoy a rest and go for a walk in Stanley Park, a green urban oasis. But that's not all. Calgary Zoo is a fun day for animal lovers. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Calgary
Make your trip to Calgary that little bit easier by following these practical security tips:
- Ensure your passport and boarding pass are easily accessible. You'll need to produce them straightaway.
- Bear in mind that metal belt buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you have one on, you may be asked to remove it before proceeding.
- Digital cameras, laptops and other electronic devices must be placed in a tray to be X-rayed.
- When it comes to flying with gels or liquids, all passengers are allowed a quart-sized clear zip-lock bag to transport containers no bigger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters).
- Think about the type of footwear you want to travel in. Slippers are awesome because they're easy to slip out of for the airport security checks. Try wearing a pair on your next journey!
- Pack any pocketknives or other sharp metal items in your checked luggage. Airport security won't allow these on the aircraft.