The best days are the ones that stretch for miles into the afternoon. If we could walk forever into the setting sunlight, then we could drop all of our stresses, all of our worries, and focus instead on being free. Well, there’s a place you can go to find this kind of quiet: Chattanooga, Tennessee. Known for the longest pedestrian bridge in the world and a number of hometown activities, it’s a place you simply can’t miss. And don’t think for a second that you have to leave Fido behind. Book a pet-friendly hotel in Chattanooga, TN and bring him along!
What are the best places to bring your pet in Chattanooga?
When you’re roaming around Chattanooga with your pooch, there are a few spots you have to explore. Here are some of the best places to bring your pet in Chattanooga:
- Walnut Street Pedestrian Bridge: Built in 1891, it’s the longest pedestrian bridge in the world and open to leashed pets. Walking along the blue metal bridge is a favorite activity among residents and travelers, alike.
- Rock City Gardens: The Rock City Gardens is home to Lookout Mountain, a 140-foot waterfall, and giant boulders that provide exceptional views of the landscape.
- Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center: Bring your animal to a place where you can see bald eagles, flying squirrels, and hawks. Just remember to bring extra water from your dog friendly hotel in Chattanooga, TN; all that walking could make your trusty companion thirsty.
What historic sites are in Chattanooga?
Chattanooga has a long history, dating back to the time of the Native Americans. Here are some historic sites to check out with your pup:
- Ghost Tours: You’ll find several ghost tours that are open for both you and your pet (as long as he or she is leashed). It’s an excellent way to get to know the secrets of the old city.
- Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park: This park preserves the memory of battles fought against the Union and the Rebels during the Civil War. Fido is allowed in, as long as he’s leashed.
How to find the best restaurants in Chattanooga on the river?
When you’re wondering how to find the best restaurants in Chattanooga on the river to enjoy with your pet, ask the locals. If you do that, you might just hear these names come up:
- Hair of the Dog: While not directly on the river, this popular bar is highly recommended among dog owners. Let your furry friend enjoy a bone as you savor rock shrimp hushpuppies. You might even want to bring some leftovers with you to your pet-friendly hotel in Chattanooga, TN for some late-night munching.
- The Blue Plate: Open for brunch, lunch, and dinner, this spot on the river is a great place for a bite. Allow your pooch to relax on the patio with you as you sample fried pickles, classic cheeseburgers, and pork tenderloin.
Get to know Tennessee with your best friend at your side. When you stay at Chattanooga pet-friendly hotels, whether that’s the Read House Hotel Historic Inn and Suites, Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, or anywhere else, you know you have a home base for your exploring. Happy roaming!