Be sure to have plenty of space on your camera or phone when exploring Calaveras Big Trees State Park, a well-loved site for visitors and an excellent place to take some photographs.
Arnold, where it can be found, lies 65 miles (105 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Sacramento.
There aren't many accommodation options if you are hoping to get a room in the immediate vicinity of Calaveras Big Trees State Park. Your best bet is the Mountain Retreat Resort, which is just 2 miles (3 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Calaveras Big Trees State Park
If you have more time, you'll want to discover what else is available in the area:
- A hike along the popular Arnold Rim Trail invariably rewards lovers of nature with great views and a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of busy tourist sites.
- At Sequoia Woods Country Club and Golf Course, you can brush elbows with some of the swankier locals, and enjoy exclusive access to its facilities.
- Relax and appreciate the serenity of nature at White Pines Lake.
- After you've visited all the other museums, you can check out the displays at Sierra Nevada Logging Museum.
- Chatom Winery is the ideal place for everyone from wine enthusiasts to casual drinkers.