Get back to nature when you visit Billy Goat Trail, one of the area's most popular natural attractions.
It is in Bethesda. If you aren't familiar with the name, it's 40 miles (64 kilometers) from the state capital of Annapolis.
You don't have to venture far to find a hotel. There are 22 possibilities within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Billy Goat Trail. The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner and Staybridge Suites Tysons - McLean should offer you some, if not all, of the comforts of home.
Fellow travelers who come here with limited funds choose to book a room at the Quality Inn Tysons Corner, 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
There are several high-end hotels a short drive away, perfect for when you're feeling extravagant. The Hilton McLean Tysons Corner and Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center are well-known.
Other Things to Do Near Billy Goat Trail
You've come a long way, and no doubt Billy Goat Trail won't be the only thing on your itinerary. Once you've taken it in, be sure to experience what the rest of the area has available:
- Walk through beautiful scenery and reconnect with nature at Great Falls Park.
- Whether you're a regular golfer or an amateur, don't miss the chance to play a round at TPC Potomac at Avenel Farms.
- Whether you're a regular golfer or it's your first time, you can't miss the chance to hit a couple of rounds at Falls Road Golf Course.
- Toss a ball around and enjoy your green surroundings at Colvin Run Mill Park. Perhaps you could even pack a picnic and really make an afternoon of it.
- Figure out exactly what makes the nature and wildlife at Scott's Run Nature Preserve so special.