Dust off your walking shoes and bask in the views around you at Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area, a great place to spend a day outside with your travel buddies.
You can visit it in Caryville, which is 120 miles (193 kilometers) from the state capital, Nashville.
Be sure to investigate accommodation choices before you set out, since there are no hotels in the area. Located 70 miles (113 kilometers) away, the Butterfly Gap Retreat is popular with travelers. The Homewood Suites by Hilton Knoxville West at Turkey Creek, 50 miles (80 kilometers) away, and the Eagles View B&B, a commute of 35 miles (56 kilometers), are a couple more choices to consider.
Other Things to Do Near Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area
You can discover an assortment of other attractions after seeing Big South Fork National River and Recreation Area:
- Geologically formed over thousands of years, the striking natural beauty of Twin Arches makes for an amazing excursion.
- Nature enthusiasts must remember to pack their hiking shoes or boots and venture along Angel Falls Trial.
- Nature enthusiasts should bring along their walking gear and enjoy a hike along Big Ridge Rock Trail.
- Go and grab some maps and pamphlets from Bandy Creek Visitors Center to find out more about the local area.
- Set aside some time to lift your spirits with a tranquil afternoon spent communing with nature in Pickett State Park and Forest.