There are some cities that won’t be put in a box. In one corner, you can run through a thick forest. In another corner, skyscrapers are as tall as the eye can see. Maybe it’s a historic city—or wait, maybe it’s decisively modern. You aren’t someone who can fit into a category; why should the city you visit? Atlanta, Georgia, likes being what it is, thank you very much. It’s a town you and your four-legged friend simply must see.
Atlanta is a little bit of everything for everyone, including pets. So instead of leaving Fido at home as you get to know the landscape, bring him along! Take your pick of the best pet-friendly hotels in Atlanta, GA and get to know what this undefinable town is all about.
Any advice on where to go hiking around Atlanta with your dog?
Are you and Fido beasts on the trail? Here are some of the best hiking trails in Atlanta for you and your dog. And word to the wise: Remember to pack extra water for the hot, humid days.
- Sweetwater Creek Trails: There are four different paths at the Sweetwater Creek State Park which are dog-friendly. Additionally, there’s a lake in the park, which is perfect for post-hike swimming.
- Morningside Nature Preserve: This 2-mile trail has a sandy beach and quiet path through the forest. True to its name, give it a try during the cool morning hours. You might want to book an Atlanta pet-friendly hotel close to the trail, so you can give your dog a good wash after dogpaddling in the lake.
- Cheatham Hill/Kolb Farm Loop: This 5.8-mile loop includes beautiful sights like meadows, forests, and even some Civil War battlefields. Plus, there’s a fountain mid-hike if FiFi gets thirsty from the excursion.
What pet-friendly restaurant has the best burger in downtown Atlanta?
After your afternoon exploring Atlanta, your stomach might be calling for attention. Answer the call with the best burger in downtown Atlanta you can enjoy with your pet.
- Lucky’s Burgers and Brew: With a dog for a logo and a vibe inspired by the owners’ pooch, Lucky, you know you’re entering a pet-friendly zone at Lucky’s Burgers and Brew. They use 80/20 ground Angus Beef, along with daily delivered produce.
- Smokejack BBQ: You can try the basic burger, but why not order the epic Triple “B” burger? This comes with smoked beef brisket, Applewood smoked bacon, and an Angus beef patty. If you can’t finish, just order a doggie bag and bring it back to your dog-friendly hotel in Atlanta, like the Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead or The University Inn at Emory.
Vacations aren’t always definable. Sometimes you go for adventure, sometimes you go for relaxation, and sometimes you roam to simply know what’s beyond the bend. This year, give yourself and your pet a little bit of everything when you venture to Atlanta, Georgia. It’s a city that refuses to be anything less than extraordinary.