Greetings, my fellow wanderers! Next week I’m headed to the Dominican Republic for a 5-day stay, splitting my time between Santo Domingo and Punta Cana. I have a very busy week ahead of me visiting the following Barceló properties:
- El Embajador, a Royal Hideaway Hotel
- Barceló Santo Domingo
- Barceló Bávaro Palace
- Barceló Bávaro Beach
- Occidental Caribe
- Occidental Punta Cana
Here’s my itinerary for next week, but do feel free to share any recommendations of your own! Leave a comment below or reach out to me on Twitter or Instagram, where I’ll be posting photos of my journey throughout the week!
I arrive in Santo Domingo on the 19th and check in to El Embajador, a Royal Hideaway Hotel, located in the heart of the city.
- After a long flight, all I want to do is stretch out by the pool, drink in hand, to soak up some of that Caribbean sun.
- I’ll be attending a wedding this evening, so of course, I’ll need to look my absolute best. Might not be a bad idea to hit up the hotel’s barber shop, so I can put my best beard forward!
After getting a good night’s sleep in my Ambassador Level Junior Suite, I’ll be ready to start my first full day in the Dominican Republic!
- They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so I’ll begin with a hearty meal via room service.
- Next up, a massage at the newly opened spa on the property, Bi Wellness & Spa.
- This hotel is located in the vibrant, multicultural city of Santo Domingo. I’ll be taking a tour of Plaza de España in the heart of the colonial zone, followed by a visit to Urban Health at Barceló Santo Domingo.
It was a quick stay, but I’ll already be moving on to the next property at Barceló Bávaro Palace, situated on Bávaro Beach in Punta Cana.
- This luxury hotel has its own casino on property, so I think I’ll try my luck at the tables! I just might need a boost up to reach them.
Waking up to a view of the beach and the sparkling Caribbean Sea isn’t a bad way to start the morning, eh?
- With four swimming pools and two water parks, this resort is perfect for my amphibious lifestyle. I’ll start by taking a dip in the adults-only pool. After that, I’ll be ready to make a splash at the new Pirates Island Water Park!
- This kid-friendly hotel has a range of room layouts that are great for accommodating families. If you’re a solo traveler like myself, don’t be deterred. They also offer a variety of luxury suites designed for those of us traveling sans kids!
- With an entire shopping center on the first floor of the hotel, I’ll have no excuse not to bring back plenty of souvenirs! After all, the best things in life are duty-free.
Three properties down, three more to go! Today I’ll spend my time exploring the fourth property, Barceló Bávaro Beach.
- I have several opportunities for lounging and relaxing at this resort, and I anticipate taking advantage of all of them, starting with my very own private hammock on the terrace of my Superior Sun Deck Sea View Premium Level Room.
- I can’t leave without spending time on the beach and taking in the gorgeous view. There’s a pier overlooking the ocean that makes for a perfect photo op.
- After such a strenuous morning, my next stop is the USpa for a rejuvenating facial.
- I’ll finish out the day with a show at the Gran Teatro Bávaro, which puts on spectacular performances with dancers, live music and a different show every night!
It’s my last day in the Dominican Republic, but a busy one, nonetheless! My first stop is Occidental Caribe on the stunning Playa Arena Gorda, considered to be one of the best beaches on the island.
- There are endless activities at the hotel, but I’ve got my eye on the trapeze exercises. Watch me fly through the air with the greatest of ease!
- The culinary options are tremendous at this resort! I’m most looking forward to dining at Marenostrum with a breathtaking ocean view.
- Two large lagoon-style pools and one kids pool are located only yards away from the beach, making it easy to bounce back and forth. The children’s slide at the kids pool is the perfect size for gnomes too. And luckily, with my stature, I always meet the height requirement!
Moving on to the next hotel, Occidental Punta Cana will be my last stop of the trip.
- Outdoor adventure awaits, so I’ll head to the water for snorkeling, kayaking and other water sports at Bávaro Beach.
- My final farewell will be spent relaxing at the Royal Level Lounge. It’ll be hard to say goodbye to this VIP treatment!
Travelocity compensates authors for their writings appearing on this site; such compensation may include travel and other costs.