Woodward Park is the perfect escape for those seeking some time in the open air.
To see it, you'll have to travel 150 miles (241 kilometers) from the state capital, Sacramento, until you arrive at Fresno.
You'll have 2 hotels to select from nearby. The TownePlace Suites by Marriott Fresno and Extended Stay America Fresno - North are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Woodward Park.
If you're someone that feels fine with modest furnishings, you can stay at one of the bargain hotels in the surrounding area. Make inquiries at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Clovis/Fresno and the San Joaquin Hotel.
Wood Ward (7775 North Friant Road, Fresno) is 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away, and is the perfect choice when it's time to have your family's favorite dishes at a renowned local restaurant.
Other Things to Do Near Woodward Park
After you're finished at Woodward Park, there are a whole host of other things to keep you busy:
- Enjoy a fragrant wonderland at Shizen Friendship Garden, a stunning garden in the area
- Riverpark Shopping Center is a prime shopping hub, boasting a large range of stores and eating options.
- Boomers! Fresno is a fun-filled venue that is overflowing with activities.
- Make a night of it, and have dinner and drinks after attending a concert at Fresno Philharmonic, a dedicated local venue.
- If some vacation shopping is in order, Vineyard Farmers Market is a great place to spend a few hours.