Dig deeper into local history at Wisconsin Point Lighthouse, an unmissable attraction for lovers of history.
It's in Superior. If you aren't quite familiar with that name, it's 280 miles (451 kilometers) away from the capital of the state, Madison.
Would you like to stay not far from Wisconsin Point Lighthouse? You will find 11 hotels within 6 miles (10 kilometers) for you to choose from. The Inn on Lake Superior and Sheraton Duluth Hotel will give you at least some of the amenities you desire.
The area's more reasonably priced solutions provide everything you need at a price you won't believe. The Super 8 Superior and the Fitger's Inn are some of the known establishments.
Other Things to Do Near Wisconsin Point Lighthouse
Whether you're wanting to get off the main tourist track or check out the more popular attractions, you're not going to run out of things to do once you're finished at Wisconsin Point Lighthouse:
- A trek along the popular Park Point Nature Trail always rewards nature enthusiasts with tranquil scenes and a well-deserved break from the stress of busy tourist sites.
- There's really nothing like the serenity of sitting by the water. Take some me time and savor the reflection of the sun on the glistening water at Park Point Beach.
- SS Meteor Whaleback Ship Museum is home to collectibles, scale vessels and photographs that directly speak to the oceanic history of the region.
- Check out the informative exhibits that are on display at Fairlawn Mansion & Museum.
- After you've visited the more famous museums, you could check out the displays at A World of Accordions Museum.