There are times when it can be difficult to decide where you and your furry friend should go to get away from it all. You love the water, but can’t quite seem to agree on one place. When you stay at one of the pet-friendly hotels in Virginia Beach, you don’t have to settle. Instead, you get to enjoy three great beaches in one destination. Resort beach is the prototype for Atlantic coast shore towns. With shopping, restaurants, nightclubs, and popular hotels like the Doubletree by Hilton, you won’t be lacking things to do. Sandbridge Beach provides seclusion, tranquility, and the opportunity to live life at a slower pace. The Chesapeake Bay beaches offer calmer water for kayaking, crabbing, and cooling off from the warm summer sun. So, pack up Ozzy Pawsborne’s wetsuit and get ready for three times the fun and relaxation.
Which restaurants are near the oceanfront and boardwalk in Virginia Beach that are pet-friendly?
The oceanfront boardwalk is a 3-mile strip between the sand and the street. And, with its dozens of restaurants, you’re always just a few steps away from a delicious meal. You can even stop in on the way back from the dunes to your dog-friendly hotel in Virginia Beach. Here are some of our recommendations:
- Cactus Jack’s: Southwestern cuisine meets the Chesapeake Bay at this seaside eatery. Get the double-done pork chop so you can share with the Prince of Barkness.
- Abbey Road Pub and Restaurant: Sample over 80 beers from more than 40 different countries (not at one sitting, though) while people watching from their outdoor patio.
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream: After a hot day on the sand, head over to Bruster’s. They even make a free sundae for your pooch with crumbled dog bones on top!
What are some of the most popular tourist attractions in Virginia Beach where I can take my pet?
Virginia Beach is home to many popular tourist attractions. You and your best friend will have plenty to do once you’re done leaving paw prints in the sand. Be sure to check out these points of interest:
- Virginia Beach Fishing Pier: Take a stroll above the waves or drop a hook into the Atlantic and reel in tonight’s dinner. Either way, the pier offers a relaxing change of pace.
- Elizabeth River Trail (Atlantic City Spur): This previously unused railway is now part of the Rails-to-Trails program. The corridor is now home to an expansive dog-friendly walking area.
- King Neptune Statue: Be sure to get a picture of you and your furry family member next to the 34-foot tall bronze colossus by the sea.
When you use Travelocity to book your vacation at one of the many Virginia Beach pet friendly hotels like the Westin Town Center, not only do you get a great deal, you get three vacations in one thanks to the area’s unique beaches. You should take advantage of that and try a crab Benedict breakfast at Resort Beach, some boiled blue crabs for lunch in Sandbridge, and a crabcake sandwich to end the day at a dockside bistro on the Chesapeake.