Book your room at Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal
With a stay at Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal, you'll be centrally located in Venice, steps from Correr Civic Museum and minutes from St. Mark's Basilica.
This 4-star hotel is within close proximity of Procuratie Nuove and St. Mark's Square.
Make yourself at home in one of the 99 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take in the views from a rooftop terrace and a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access. This Art Deco hotel also features babysitting/childcare (surcharge), shopping on site, and wedding services.
Satisfy your appetite at the hotel's beachfront restaurant, where you can enjoy drinks at a bar and dine alfresco (weather permitting). Snacks are also available at a coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at a bar/lounge. Breakfast is available for a fee.
Featured amenities include complimentary high-speed (wired) Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Venice? This hotel has 7427 square feet (690 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and a meeting room.
About the Hotel Monaco & Grand CanalCalle Vallaresso San Marco 1332 Venice VE 30124
There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café and a snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Business amenities include a 24-hour business center and a meeting room.
A computer station is on site, and both WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 7427 square feet (690 square meters) and includes a conference center. A rooftop terrace, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the family-friendly Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal.
Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this Art Deco Venice hotel.
- 99 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- 7427 sq ft of conference space
- 690 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1800
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Business center (24 hours)
- Conference center
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff is multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Onsite shopping
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired high-speed Internet
Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal offers 99 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. LCD televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include shower/tub combinations, bathrobes, slippers, and bidets.
This Venice hotel provides complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones. Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered daily. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding.
- LCD television
- Satellite channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Hair dryer
- Toiletries (free)
- Blackout drapes
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy breakfast from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
Ristorante Grand Canal - This beachfront fine-dining restaurant specializes in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and light fare. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Nearby Things to Do
The Lido of Venice, the slender, 11.5-km-long (7.25-mile) island facing the Adriatic Sea that lies a 15-minute waterbus ride east of central Venice, is the city's playground, especially in summer when beaches and water sports draw visitors and Venetians. Year-round, visitors rent bicycles to explore the island, play golf, or take horseback rides. Aside from fishing in the canals, the central city offers little in the way of recreational opportunities. Deep-sea fishing is available in the Adriatic Sea.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkeling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Windsurfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Water skiing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Parasailing nearby
If you need to make requests for accessibility needs, please complete the "Special or Accessibility Requests" section of "Trip Preferences" when booking your stay.
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
- No pets allowed
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to hotel policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 325.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: EUR 0.00 (from 0 to 2 years old)
- A tax is imposed by the city and will be collected at the property. This tax does not apply to residents of Venice City and children under 10 years of age. Further exemptions may apply to patients and their companions, and people staying in the city for specific purposes/duties, subject to the submission of proper documents to the property. A 30 percent reduction applies from 1-31 January.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 25 per person (approximately)
- Grand Canal Hotel Monaco
- Grand Canal Monaco
- Grand Hotel Monaco
- Hotel Grand Monaco
- Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal
- Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal Venice
- Monaco Canal
- Monaco Grand Canal
- Monaco Grand Canal Hotel
- Monaco Grand Canal Venice
- Hotel Monaco And Grand Canal
- Monaco Hotel Venice
- Hotel Monaco Grand Canal Venice
- Hotel Monaco Grand Canal
You should know
Onsite cash transactions can't exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For more details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. One child 2 years old or younger stays free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding. Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms. Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal is listed in the 2011 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.