You're certain to have an interesting experience at Spocott Windmill.
It's situated in Cambridge. If you aren't quite familiar with that name, it is 30 miles (48 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Annapolis.
Unfortunately, there are no accommodation options in the immediate vicinity of Spocott Windmill. There's no need to worry though, as there are plenty a bit farther out. With no less than 7 places to stay that are 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, you won't mind the easy commute from Lexington Park. The Hampton Inn by Hilton Lexington Park, Fairfield Inn Lexington Park Patuxent River Naval Air Station and Comfort Inn & Suites are some examples of what's available here.
Other Things to Do Near Spocott Windmill
In addition to Spocott Windmill, here's a list of addtional things in the region you're going to want to check out:
- Head to Great Marsh Park, a grassy oasis, and simply enjoy soaking up some sun and admiring your green surroundings.
- Richardson Maritime Museum is home to memorabilia, scale vessels and stories that speak of the oceanic past of the area.
- Perhaps not the most prestigious or famous museum, Harriet Tubman Museum and Educational Center might still be worth checking out if you're passionate about learning.
- Visit Christ Episcopal Church and get acquainted with the peaceful and spiritual side of the area.
- As far as local landmarks go, not many people can argue with the splendid view and distinctive architecture of Choptank River Lighthouse.