A visit to Specimen Ridge is bound to be a fascinating experience.
Tower Junction, where it is to be found, sits 380 miles (612 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Cheyenne.
You'll have to cast your net a little farther out if you're seeking some accommodation around Specimen Ridge. Although there are none in the immediate vicinity, there are a few in the surrounding region. There are 11 places to stay that are 17 miles (27 kilometers) away in Gardiner. Travelers favor the Yellowstone River Suites, Travelodge Gardiner at Yellowstone Park North Entrance and Yellowstone Gateway Inn.
Other Things to Do Near Specimen Ridge
If you can squeeze it in, have a look at some of the other attractions in the area:
- A trek along the popular Trout Lake Trail will reward lovers of nature with beautiful scenes and a relaxing break from the noise and stress of city life.
- See one of the area's most prominent bodies of gushing water, Slough Creek.
- Anyone who likes to get out in nature will delight in a visit to Tower Fall.
- Roosevelt Lodge provides you with a peaceful retreat in which you can enjoy the natural surrounds.
- Make it to the summit of Mt. Washburn, or view it from a comfortable vantage point.