Exploring the past gives us a deeper understanding of the present, so a visit to Southern Vermont College is certainly a worthy experience.
If you do decide to visit, your great adventure will take you to Bennington, 100 miles (161 kilometers) from the state capital, Montpelier.
It's always good to have alternatives when you're trying to find a room, and with 5 hotels and other accommodations just 2 miles (3 kilometers) away from Southern Vermont College, you are sure to find something close by. Just 0.7 miles (1.1 kilometer) away, you will be able to lay your head at The Four Chimneys Inn. A couple of other choices are the Bennington Motor Inn, 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) away, and the Paradise Inn, 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) away.
Reserve a room at the Starlight Inn if you’re after a low-priced hotel but don't want to travel too far. It's a mere 1 mile (2 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Southern Vermont College
If you are hoping to pack as many things as possible into your vacation, see what else is going on:
- Old First Congregational Church is a pleasant place of worship and a local tourist attraction that you might like to visit and admire.
- Head to Bennington Museum, where your children may enjoy what's being exhibited and even learn a thing or two.
- Knowledgeable shoppers will want to make a beeline for Hemmings Motor News Car Lover's Convenience Store & Vehicle Display, a well-known store which some people specifically visit the area for.
- Bennington Center for the Arts features exhibits, art courses and music shows that are sure to lend you a deeper understanding of the area's vibrant arts scene.
- Experience and enjoy some of the music shows and artistic events hosted by Bennington Arts Guild Gallery and become better acquainted with the local cultural scene.