Cultural attractions give us an opportunity to experience the true essence of a place and its people. Smith Island Museum of History offers us a close-up look at this interesting area of the globe.
You can find it in Coastal North Carolina.
The Bald Head Island is 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) from Smith Island Museum of History, and that makes it a terrific place to set up camp.
At Mo Jo's (61-87 Keelson Row, Bald Head Island, patrons can relish every spoonful of a full meal. 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) from Smith Island Museum of History is Will O' the Wisp (98 Keelson Row, Bald Head Island), a lively establishment to savor a glass of wine at the end of your day.
Other Things to Do Near Smith Island Museum of History
You've traveled for quite some time, so surely Smith Island Museum of History isn't going to be your only stop. After you're done, be sure to have a look at what else the area has available:
- Bald Head Island Lighthouse has helped navigate many ships along the coast over its history and is a defining monument in the region.
- You should head to Bald Head Island Visitors Center if you have any questions. Help yourself to the brochures and maps that might help you make the most of your exploration of the area.
- Golf is a great way to unwind and exercise at the same time. So if you'd like to give it a try, tee off at Bald Head Island Country Club.
- Don't miss out on the beauty of nature that awaits your enjoyment on Kent Mitchell Nature Trail. This local hiking trail is extremely popular with those desiring a scenic hike.
- By night, Oak Island Lighthouse guides vessels safely around challenging waters. At dawn, it becomes a unique local attraction.