Renowned as one of the region’s leading nature-based sites, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore will excite those with a passion for the outdoors.
It's situated in Munising, approximately 280 miles (451 kilometers) from the state capital, Lansing.
Hotel options in the area are not common. The Holiday Inn Express Munising-Lakeview is 25 miles (40 kilometers) away, the Boarders Inn & Suites Munising, MI 25 miles (40 kilometers) and the Comfort Suites Escanaba 75 miles (121 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
If you have more time, you'll want to discover what else is available in the area:
- Log Slide Scenic Overlook provides scenic views and it is a brilliant spot to take in the surrounding landscape.
- The water coursing over Sable Falls is a dazzling thing to witness.
- Check out Gitche Gumee Agate and History Museum once you've been to all the popular museums and you're eager for more!
- Travel back through time by stopping at Pickle Barrel House Museum, a building recognized for its historical significance.
- Choose a quiet lookout, get comfortable and watch as day turns to night at Light Keepers House Museum.