Earth's works of art are amazing to see. Mount Frissell is no exception.
You'll have to make the 130 miles (209 kilometers) journey from the state capital, Concord, to Torrington, if you'd like to explore it.
If you're just here to visit Mount Frissell, you'll probably want to stay at the Inn at Iron Masters. At 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers) away, it's the closest option to the attraction.
Travelers with a sweet-tooth will find it a challenge to refuse the delicious cookies, cakes and pastries at The Country Bistro (10 Academy Street, Salisbury). For dishes that are more substantial, be sure to bring your appetite to The Lockup Restaurant (19 Main Street, Salisbury).
Other Things to Do Near Mount Frissell
Whether you'd like to get off the main tourist track or check out the more popular sights, you're not going to run out of things to do after you visit Mount Frissell:
- Books, exhibits, newspapers and a variety of other resources await you at Scoville Memorial Library, a wonderful spot for people who love reading.
- Pull on your best walking boots and take on Harlem Valley Rail Trail. This rewarding hike is a good way to really experience the natural splendor of this area.
- If you're after somewhere to keep the kids busy, you can try Ashley House.
- Indulge in the notes of the local area at Land of Nod Vineyard and Winery.
- Really make a night of it, and have a delicious dinner after attending a concert at Music Mountain, a popular local venue.