ADVERTISING SPONSORED LISTING
Enter dates to see availability
City center stay
A stay at this Fifth Ward hotel places you within half a mile (1 km) of Harley-Davidson Museum and 2 miles (3 km) of Wisconsin Center. Riverside Theater and Fiserv Forum are also within 2 miles (3 km).
Multiple dining options
This boutique hotel features 3 restaurants, a bar/lounge, and a 24-hour fitness center. Traveling on business? Take advantage of the 24-hour business center, free WiFi in public areas, and valet parking. A coffee shop, a terrace, and a library are also on offer.
Free WiFi, comfy beds
The 100 guestrooms feature comforts like pillowtop beds and Egyptian cotton sheets, while refrigerators and coffee/tea makers offer the conveniences of home. Other amenities include free WiFi, private yards, and plasma TVs with cable channels.
The Iron Horse Hotel ratings based on 21 Verified Reviews
Guest reviews for The Iron Horse Hotel
Jun 18, 2019 by Front Desk Manager
Thank you so much! Having the Pride shirts for sale is a great idea. We will definitely look into it for next year.
Really excellent hotel
About the The Iron Horse HotelLocation 500 W Florida Street, Milwaukee, WI 53204
Renovations + Closures
The property will be renovating from 01 July 2019 to 01 October 2019 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Dining venue
- One of the dining venues
Renovation work will only be conducted during business hours. Every effort will be made to minimize noise and disturbance.
There are 3 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. There's an onsite 24-hour business center. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 4000 square feet (360 square meters) and includes conference space. A 24-hour fitness center, a library, and a terrace are also featured at the business-friendly The Iron Horse Hotel. For a fee, parking is available. This 4-star Milwaukee hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 100 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 3 dining venues
- 4000 sq ft of conference space
- 360 sq m of conference space
- Built in 1907
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business center (24 hours)
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front-desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge) , RV, bus, truck parking
- Airport: Milwaukee, WI (MKE-General Mitchell Intl.) (10.2 km / 6.3 mi)
- Train station: Milwaukee Intermodal Station (1.7 km / 1 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Iron Horse Hotel offers 100 air-conditioned accommodations with minibars and safes. Pillowtop beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. 48-inch plasma televisions come with premium cable channels and pay movies. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include showers, bathrobes, designer toiletries, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using the complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and phones; free local calls are provided (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include hair dryers and irons/ironing boards. Housekeeping is offered daily and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Pillowtop beds
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Private outdoor space
- Plasma television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Movies for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Local calls (free)
- Hair dryer
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests can enjoy full breakfast for a fee.
Branded - Onsite restaurant. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
The Library - This café serves breakfast only.
Smyth - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
The Yard - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open select days.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 21
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds.
- Debit cards not accepted
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Number of children who can stay free - 3
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 8 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 30 per day
- Pet fee: USD 75 per accommodation, per stay
- Late check-out fee: USD 75 (subject to availability)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Iron Horse
- Iron Horse
- Iron Horse Hotel
- Iron Horse Hotel Milwaukee
- Iron Horse Milwaukee
- Iron Hotel
- Iron Horse Milwaukee
You should know
- Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) guests.